Tips On How To Select The Right Resource Scheduling Platform
It can be a very daunting task when choosing a resource scheduling platform for your organization. The question we are often asked are:
1. Where do we start?
2. What should we be looking for in a resource scheduling platform?
3. What process should we follow when selecting a resource scheduling platform?
Over the last 10 years we have accumulated a lot of experience in the resource management marketplace and we have defined(below) what we feel are a list of the top 10 points which will help you answer the questions stated above. By answering these question objectively, you will be able to select a suitable resource scheduling platform for your organization.
1. Create a team who will spear head the project and have them define and prioritize the problem areas your organization is experiencing
2. Develop a list of must have’s and nice to have options which will address your prioritized options in #1 above.
3. Contact 3-5 vendors who offer Exchange and Outlook integration and can run in an on-prem, hybrid and office 365 environment
4. Select a solution where Exchange does all of the bookings, rather than having the bookings completed by a SQL DB and the DB syncs the bookings back to Exchange.
5. Ensure that it is scalable.
6. Ensure it supports all current Microsoft supported versions.
7. The software solution selected should support more than 5 different languages, beyond English.
8. Choose a solution which can easily provide customized reporting capabilities.
9. Ensure that the application can address multiple time zones adequately.
10. Make sure it offers mobile access for mobile users.
Resource Central and ResourceXpress offers flexible workspace booking solution and a solid resource scheduling platform which is fully integrated with Outlook/Exchange. They provides users with the ability to book workspaces and conference rooms, in-advance or on the fly. To see further information about our flexible workspace automation solutions, please go to our web site at www.flexnet.com or click on the following links to see advance booking and on-demand booking through Outlook and Exchange.
For further information about our products and services or request evaluation software, please fill in the form below.
Selecting a Resource Scheduling Platform
Would this Help?
Contact us today to get more information and some trial software.